Ausloans Pty Ltd (Aus Loans) recognises the importance of your privacy and is committed to protecting your personal information.
HOW WE COLLECT INFORMATION FROM YOU AND WHY
As part of our providing Services to you we collect, directly from you by way of our online application form, over the phone or in person, the following types of information:
|Individual’s Details:||Entities Details|
|Your first name and last name||Company name and details|
|Your email address||Telephone Number|
|Your telephone number||Facsimile Number|
|Your mobile telephone number||Email address|
|Your postal address||Website details (if any)|
|Residential address||Business Address|
|Business Name and ABN Details||Postal Address|
|Details of any directorships||Contact person name|
|Driver’s Licence Number||Contact person details|
|Any other information you supply to us||Bank account details|
Without collecting this information from you we cannot assist you in providing our Services to you. Given the nature of the Services we offer, it is not practicable to provide you with the option of remaining anonymous or using a pseudonym.
HOW DO WE USE YOUR INFORMATION?
Aus Loans uses the information that we gather about you for the purpose of seeking to obtain finance or insurance products for you (Services). This includes, with your consent, using and disclosing your personal information to:
- Submit, on your behalf, applications for finance;
- Responding to queries in respect of applications for finance and financial products and insurance;
- Verification purposes; and
- Source other finance related services for you.
The types of entities that we may disclosure your personal information to for the purposes referred to above include, but are not limited to:
- Aggregators, motor dealers, lenders, insurer, mortgage insurers; warranty companies, assessors; and valuers.
Ausloans may also share your information in the following instances:
- Legal Proceedings – We may disclose the information we collect about you in order to comply with the law, a court order, or other legal process, such as complying with a subpoena.
- To protect Ausloans – We may also disclose the information we collect about you where we believe it is necessary to investigate, prevent or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the safety of any person or violations of this Policy.
Ausloans does not disclosure your personal information:
- To third parties for marketing purposes;
- Without your consent, to third parties for research purposes; and
- To overseas persons or entities.
HOW DO WE SECURE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
Any personal information we collect about you from you is stored either physically or electronically in the following ways:
- On an electronic data base, located in Queensland; or
- In a secure location, including lockable storage with access only to authorised personnel.
Personal information that is no longer required will be destroyed and if appropriate, be de-identified, unless Aus Loans is legally required to retain that information.
ACCESSING AND MODIFYING PERSONAL INFORMATION
If your personal information changes or you no longer wish for Aus Loans to hold your personal information (including credit eligibility information) you may request to correct, update and remove your personal information by contacting us as noted below. In the event that we are unable to complete your request we will notify you of this and advise you as to why it cannot be completed. We may decline to process requests that require unreasonable technical effort, jeopardise the privacy of others, are extremely impractical, or where we are lawfully entitled or obliged to retain information for our own business purposes or for which access is not otherwise required by law.
IF YOU HAVE A COMPLAINT?
Ausloans takes your privacy seriously. If you have a complaint about our handling of your personal information (including credit eligibility information) you can make a complaint by emailing Ausloans at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will seek to respond to you within 48 hours. Any complaints that are not resolved in accordance with our internal dispute resolution policy will be directed to Aus Loans External Dispute Resolution Provider COSL.
2/33 Egerton St, Southport, Queensland
Phone: 1800 277 768
Fax: 1300 852 884
CHANGES TO THIS POLICY
We may change this Policy from time to time.